Second ride in the bag!

Today I went for my second ride. It was touch and go due to the weather but made a quick decision at 11am to go out with Craig and attempt a 10km ride.
 I had been looking forward to getting out again and wasn't phased by the falling off incident on Wednesday. Can't say the same about my nether regions though! They still aren't happy with me since last week and I winced as I got back on the bike again but I was soon off and feeling a lot more confident this time!
I didn't realise this photo was being taken but I am glad Craig took a couple of photos of me! This is on one of the climbs at the beginning of the route! I am happy to say I managed the whole route with no falling off incidents and managed over 10km with a few little climbs too!

 Few observations from today's ride

1. I felt more confident and stable on the bike.
2. I still fear the cars and utter profanities when they are approaching. 
3. I don't feel I can go solo yet and really appreciate Craig coming out with me and being my wingman.
4. Hills are hard but I tackled them.
5. Strava is addictive and bettering your times is even more addictive.
6. You feel great when you get back from a successful ride
7. But you also feel like not moving or doing anything for about 30 minutes (except checking Strava times)
8. You are hungry.

And here is the evidence of my first 10km ride! Couldn't have done it without Craig, thank you for having my back!

Julie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today I bought a bike!!!!

First ride done!