First ride done!

Well I did it, in my own style!!!! I managed to do almost 6 miles and gosh a few hills and I only fell off once, right into a bush of nettles at the side of the road, but all is good and I actually enjoyed it (well not the falling off part!)
 Here I am in the said Lycra and all smiley before I left the flat! All I will say is that its a lot harder than it looks and I didn't realise how scared I would be of the traffic, every time I heard a car or (a very patient) Craig said "theres a car coming" I found myself panicking inside and wobbling a little on the bike. Hoping this will ease up the more I do it and the confidence I gain. 
 Hills are hard, I knew they would be but I didnt realise that coming down hills would be hard, I wasn't prepared for that. There are a lot of them round here and I was a little fearful of coming down steep hills and sometimes found it hard to brake and not panic! Anyway it's not all doom and gloom, not by a long shot. On the quieter, flatter roads it felt good and I felt like I knew what I was doing! I also mastered the gear changing thing too!
And here is the evidence from Strava, my first ever road bike experience! A little nettle stung but still smiling and looking forward to the next time!

Julie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today I bought a bike!!!!

Second ride in the bag!